**Open Air Theatre at Smeatharpe Stadium**
in partnership with Villages in Action and Carn to Cove.
This summer, Miracle Theatre Company unpacks Chekhov’s bittersweet comedy about a once-wealthy family, whose idleness and extravagance have brought them to the brink of bankruptcy. Obstinate and self-absorbed, they are deaf to the rumblings of change which surrounds them, and unable to accept help when they need it.
Will it take a revolution to destroy their cosy world of privilege and entitlement – or will their own stupidity be enough?
Bill Scott’s new adaptation treads the tragicomic tightrope, bringing out all the humour and pathos of Chekhov’s masterpiece which, more than a century after it was written is as popular as ever.
Cornwall’s award winning Miracle Theatre has developed a strong reputation for producing entertaining and dynamic adaptations of classic plays.
Go and see for yourself this summer!
THIS EVENT TAKES PLACE AT SMEATHARPE STADIUM, HONITON EX14 4SR
This box car and banger rally stadium is located high up in the Blackdown Hills next to an old WWII airstrip. Free parking available. Gates open 6.30pm.
- Come prepared! Bring whatever you need for a cosy evening. Warm woollies, blankets, waterproofs and insect spray!
- Bring your own seat - Low backed chairs, rugs and a cushion are always nice too, combine comfort & style!
- Gather a posse! Bring friends and family the more the merrier for a Miracle night out!
- Arrive Early - Pick a great spot
- Bring a Torch - It’s very helpful to safely find your way back to the car.
- Bring a Picnic
Early bird (before June): Adult £10, Student/Child £8, Family of four £30
From 1st June: Adult £14, Student/Child £10, Family of four £38
Cash only on the night please.
Recommended ages 7+, young children to be accompanied by an adult.
Running time: Approximately 2 hours plus interval.